Millisecond Forums

Big Sur and Inquisit 5

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic31254.aspx

By DeborahA - 4/5/2021

Hi all, 

My computer was recently changed to Mac OS Big Sur (not by my choice, there were a series of IT disasters). I'm trying to code some experiments and surveys in Inquisit 5, and there's something horribly wrong - I'm seeing hundreds of copies of each line of code, and it's completely unusable.

Has anyone else run across this problem? Is there a fix? I tried reinstalling but it made no difference. 

Thanks

Deborah.
By Dave - 4/6/2021

Deborah Apthorp - 4/6/2021
Hi all, 

My computer was recently changed to Mac OS Big Sur (not by my choice, there were a series of IT disasters). I'm trying to code some experiments and surveys in Inquisit 5, and there's something horribly wrong - I'm seeing hundreds of copies of each line of code, and it's completely unusable.

Has anyone else run across this problem? Is there a fix? I tried reinstalling but it made no difference. 

Thanks

Deborah.

The Inquisit 5 editor component is incompatible with Big Sur (Apple broke compatibility). Upgrading to Inquisit 6 is an option, or -- as a workaround -- you can do the coding in an unregistered copy of Inquisit 6 Lab. If you opt for the latter, make sure to avoid any new Inquisit 6 syntax features if you wish to retain scripts' compatibility with Inquisit 5.