Millisecond Forums

Errors encountered by one participant on Age IAT

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic31371.aspx

By kheid7 - 4/19/2021

Hi, I am still rather new to Inquisit and running experiments through MTurk/Cloud Research. I'm struggling to troubleshoot here. 

A participant reached out to me saying that the task kept spitting them back out at the homepage when they tried to progress through. I've attached the error messages on my end.

Can someone explain what may be happening here and how I should proceed since this has only happened to them?
By kheid7 - 4/19/2021

kheid7 - 4/19/2021
Hi, I am still rather new to Inquisit and running experiments through MTurk/Cloud Research. I'm struggling to troubleshoot here. 

A participant reached out to me saying that the task kept spitting them back out at the homepage when they tried to progress through. I've attached the error messages on my end.

Can someone explain what may be happening here and how I should proceed since this has only happened to them?

I realize the pictures did not come through. Here they are within a pdf.
By Dave - 4/19/2021

kheid7 - 4/19/2021
kheid7 - 4/19/2021

The first error indicates an internet connectivity issue.
The second error (unrelated to the first) indicates an issue with the participant's computer's graphics card. Typically this means an outdated or broken driver, in which case updating the graphics card driver to the latest version available from the card's manufacturer will help. It's also possible that the participant is running an unsupported operating system (Inquisit 6 officially requires Windows 10), since these kinds of display driver issues are more commonly encountered under Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 than under Windows 10.
By kheid7 - 4/19/2021

Dave - 4/19/2021
kheid7 - 4/19/2021
kheid7 - 4/19/2021

The first error indicates an internet connectivity issue.
The second error (unrelated to the first) indicates an issue with the participant's computer's graphics card. Typically this means an outdated or broken driver, in which case updating the graphics card driver to the latest version available from the card's manufacturer will help. It's also possible that the participant is running an unsupported operating system (Inquisit 6 officially requires Windows 10), since these kinds of display driver issues are more commonly encountered under Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 than under Windows 10.

Hi Dave,
Thank you for this information! He did inform me that he was using Windows 10, so it must have been the graphics card driver thing. I appreciate your assistance.