Millisecond Forums

survey on a video

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic31686.aspx

By tecnika - 6/8/2021

Hello Dave,

I would like to present 3 questions (one after another) after a short clip. The clip is made by 3 frames presented 300ms each.

I would like to show the questions below the third frame of the clip (a static image), in a way that question 1, 2 and 3 can be presented in the bottom part of the screen one after another. I am thinking to set the last frame in the stimulusframe of the surveypage but the transition between a question and the next one is not seamless...I can see that the page refresh.

Is there a better way to do it?

Thank you for your time,

Elena
By Dave - 6/8/2021

tecnika - 6/8/2021
Hello Dave,

I would like to present 3 questions (one after another) after a short clip. The clip is made by 3 frames presented 300ms each.

I would like to show the questions below the third frame of the clip (a static image), in a way that question 1, 2 and 3 can be presented in the bottom part of the screen one after another. I am thinking to set the last frame in the stimulusframe of the surveypage but the transition between a question and the next one is not seamless...I can see that the page refresh.

Thank you for your time,

Elena

> Is there a better way to do it?

Depends on what type of questions you are asking and whether you actually need <surveypage>s or can make things work with regular <trial>, <likert> or <openended> elements instead. Your description does not provide any information on that, so I cannot answere definitively either way.
By tecnika - 6/8/2021

Dave - 6/8/2021
tecnika - 6/8/2021
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your time,

Elena

Depends on what type of questions you are asking and whether you actually need <surveypage>s or can make things work with regular <trial>, <likert> or <openended> elements instead. Your description does not provide any information on that, so I cannot answere definitively either way.

Question 1 is a yes/no question, questions 2, 3 and 4 are Visual Analogue Scale that could be ok done with a slider (e.g., How sad do you feel for the hurt person from 1 to 100?) So I was thinking to use surveypage if possible. I
By Dave - 6/8/2021

tecnika - 6/8/2021
Dave - 6/8/2021
tecnika - 6/8/2021
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your time,

Elena

Question 1 is a yes/no question, questions 2, 3 and 4 are Visual Analogue Scale that could be ok done with a slider (e.g., How sad do you feel for the hurt person from 1 to 100?) So I was thinking to use surveypage if possible. I

If it must be surveypages, there's no way to avoid the visible page refresh. With regular trial elements, it could be avoided. Yes/No question would be easy to implement using a standard trial, VAS type questions could be done, too, i.e. displaying a line <shape> that can be clicked on, but that's a little more involved. See e.g. https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost16193.aspx