Millisecond Forums

randomizing groups stopped working

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic32024.aspx

By beccaccp - 8/2/2021

would adding html page of preinstructions for expt change the randomization of groups? ever since i added that page I am always getting the pos block first.

<expt>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
/ groupassignment = random
/ preinstructions = (htmlpage.icf)
/ blocks = [1 = ICF; 2= demosurvey; 3=practiceblock; 4=block.start; 5=minone; 6=mintwo; 7=posone; 8=postwo; 9= erqsurvey; 10 = survey.cesd]
</expt>

<expt>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
/ blocks = [1=ICF; 2= demosurvey; 3=practiceblock; 4=block.start; 5=posone; 6=postwo; 7=minone; 8=mintwo; 9= erqsurvey; 10 = survey.cesd]
</expt>
By Dave - 8/2/2021

beccaccp - 8/2/2021
would adding html page of preinstructions for expt change the randomization of groups? ever since i added that page I am always getting the pos block first.

<expt>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
/ blocks = [1 = ICF; 2= demosurvey; 3=practiceblock; 4=block.start; 5=minone; 6=mintwo; 7=posone; 8=postwo; 9= erqsurvey; 10 = survey.cesd]
</expt>

<expt>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
/ blocks = [1=ICF; 2= demosurvey; 3=practiceblock; 4=block.start; 5=posone; 6=postwo; 7=minone; 8=mintwo; 9= erqsurvey; 10 = survey.cesd]
</expt>

> would adding html page of preinstructions for expt change the randomization of groups?

No. Attached two data files from subsequent runs, showing different random orders.