Millisecond Forums

Redirect to External Website not saving

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic32026.aspx

By Connorrr - 8/2/2021

Hi,

I've registered a web experiment on my account and I can't get my custom finish page to be saved as the default redirect location at the end of the experiment. 

In the process of registering the Web Script if I go to the 'Finish Page' tab I can see that the 'redirect to external website' is pointing to the correct page but as I continue the registration process and get to the summary page this url doesn't appear in the 'Finish Page' category.  If I try to run the experiment online it just goes to the standard finish page.  I should also note that my custom launch page is working just fine.  Is there anything that could be blocking the custom finish page from saving?

Cheers,
By Dave - 8/2/2021

Connorrr - 8/3/2021
Hi,

I've registered a web experiment on my account and I can't get my custom finish page to be saved as the default redirect location at the end of the experiment. 

In the process of registering the Web Script if I go to the 'Finish Page' tab I can see that the 'redirect to external website' is pointing to the correct page but as I continue the registration process and get to the summary page this url doesn't appear in the 'Finish Page' category.  If I try to run the experiment online it just goes to the standard finish page.  I should also note that my custom launch page is working just fine.  Is there anything that could be blocking the custom finish page from saving?

Cheers,

Your custom start page specifies the standard finish page as the page to redirect to in its source code. The settings in the web interface cannot change what you've coded into your custom start page, you need to edit its source code.

By Connorrr - 8/2/2021

Dave - 8/3/2021
Connorrr - 8/3/2021
Hi,

Cheers,

Your custom start page specifies the standard finish page as the page to redirect to in its source code. The settings in the web interface cannot change what you've coded into your custom start page, you need to edit its source code.

Ahhh that makes sense.  Thanks so much.