Millisecond Forums

Breathing Animation

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic32130.aspx

By AnthonyFCollinsSussex - 8/24/2021

Hello!
Hope all is well.

I am in the midst of creating a second study, which seeks to induce resonance breathing - 6 heart bpm. My goal is to create a visually paced cue whereby participants accord their breathing rate in synchronization with this visual pacing . On this basis, I wanted to check whether the syntax allows for an object (e.g. a circle) to dilate (mirroring an inhalation motion) and then shrink again (exhale) in a complete motion. Also, I wanted to have this happen for an object that then also rotates circularly around the screen at a specific rate (e.g. moves around the first half of the circumference in 3 seconds whilst gradually dilating, then moving around the respective other half in 3 seconds whilst gradually shrinking, something like that at least).

I would hugely appreciate any kind of starting point with animation script that may lend even a little support to executing this kind of breathing pacer, I have been scouring forums/previous threads of course, but thought it wise to post in the event I am missing something that could be of assistance.

Thank you so much for your time

Anthony
By Dave - 8/24/2021

AnthonyFCollinsSussex - 8/24/2021
Hello!
Hope all is well.

I am in the midst of creating a second study, which seeks to induce resonance breathing - 6 heart bpm. My goal is to create a visually paced cue whereby participants accord their breathing rate in synchronization with this visual pacing . On this basis, I wanted to check whether the syntax allows for an object (e.g. a circle) to dilate (mirroring an inhalation motion) and then shrink again (exhale) in a complete motion. Also, I wanted to have this happen for an object that then also rotates circularly around the screen at a specific rate (e.g. moves around the first half of the circumference in 3 seconds whilst gradually dilating, then moving around the respective other half in 3 seconds whilst gradually shrinking, something like that at least).

I would hugely appreciate any kind of starting point with animation script that may lend even a little support to executing this kind of breathing pacer, I have been scouring forums/previous threads of course, but thought it wise to post in the event I am missing something that could be of assistance.

Anthony

The starting point would be something along the following lines:

<shape mycircle>
/ color = blue
/ shape = circle
/ animation=circle(6000, -1, 50, 50%, 50%, 35%)
/ animation=size(6000, -1, 5%, 0.05px*display.canvaswidth, 1, 2, 1)
</shape>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=mycircle]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

By AnthonyFCollinsSussex - 8/24/2021

Dave - 8/24/2021
AnthonyFCollinsSussex - 8/24/2021
Hello!
Hope all is well.

Anthony

The starting point would be something along the following lines:

<shape mycircle>
/ color = blue
/ shape = circle
/ animation=circle(6000, -1, 50, 50%, 50%, 35%)
/ animation=size(6000, -1, 5%, 0.05px*display.canvaswidth, 1, 2, 1)
</shape>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=mycircle]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

Thank you kindly