Millisecond Forums

Add survey within block

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic32327.aspx

By takeshibx - 10/13/2021

Hi, I am totally new to inquisit and I hope to get some help with my experiment setup. I am currently modifying a current study that I need to add a survey page between instructions. These instructions are scripted as /preinstructions = (instruction1, 2,3) in a block. I need to collect participants' initials during the instruction period, but I can't add the survey page in the /preinstructions.

Also, the collected initials will be displayed in the trials during the experiment, and I used function item.responseitems.insertitem in the surveypage. However, the inserted item need to be displayed with pictures, and I am not sure how to put the item in the middle of two pictures in a trial. Thank you. 
By Dave - 10/13/2021

takeshibx - 10/13/2021
Hi, I am totally new to inquisit and I hope to get some help with my experiment setup. I am currently modifying a current study that I need to add a survey page between instructions. These instructions are scripted as /preinstructions = (instruction1, 2,3) in a block. I need to collect participants' initials during the instruction period, but I can't add the survey page in the /preinstructions.

Also, the collected initials will be displayed in the trials during the experiment, and I used function item.responseitems.insertitem in the surveypage. However, the inserted item need to be displayed with pictures, and I am not sure how to put the item in the middle of two pictures in a trial. Thank you. 

A <surveypage> is a kind of <trial>, so you can run it via a <block>'s /trials attribute, just like any other trial-type element (<trial>, <openended>, <likert>, etc.).

> However, the inserted item need to be displayed with pictures, and I am not sure how to put the item in the middle of two pictures in a trial.

Just set  up two <picture> elements, position them as needed, one <text> element displaying the initials, and have the trial display all those stimuli per its /stimulustimes or -frames.