Millisecond Forums

Joystick support in Inquisit Web?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic32331.aspx

By Sercan - 10/14/2021

We're trying to run the joystick AAT in Inquisit Web, but we get an error: "Joystick not detected". The experiment works fine on the same computer but run through Inquisit Lab. What can we do?
By Sercan - 10/14/2021

The joystick is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, and it is being run on Windows 10, in Inquisit 6 Lab and Inquisit 6 Web.
By Dave - 10/14/2021

Sercan - 10/14/2021
The joystick is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, and it is being run on Windows 10, in Inquisit 6 Lab and Inquisit 6 Web.

The current state of affairs is that Inquisit 6 requires the controller to be compatible with XInput under Windows. Controllers that only support the legacy DirectInput / DInput standard wiil not be recognized. As far as I can determine the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro does not support XInput, and I'd be very surprised if it worked under Inquisit 6 Lab (it would work under Inquisit 5 Lab, which still supported DirectInput controllers).
By Sercan - 10/14/2021

Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021

The current state of affairs is that Inquisit 6 requires the controller to be compatible with XInput under Windows. Controllers that only support the legacy DirectInput / DInput standard wiil not be recognized. As far as I can determine the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro does not support XInput, and I'd be very surprised if it worked under Inquisit 6 Lab (it would work under Inquisit 5 Lab, which still supported DirectInput controllers).

Thank you, Dave. It appears the joystick worked on Inquisit Lab because I have Inquisit 5 installed locally, which the script is compatible with. The solution seems to be to run Inquisit 5 on the Web-version too. Can we do this with a license for Inquisit 6 for Web?
By Dave - 10/14/2021

Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021

Thank you, Dave. It appears the joystick worked on Inquisit Lab because I have Inquisit 5 installed locally, which the script is compatible with. The solution seems to be to run Inquisit 5 on the Web-version too. Can we do this with a license for Inquisit 6 for Web?

It depends on the license type. What's the account name?
By Sercan - 10/14/2021

Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021

mikerinck
By Dave - 10/14/2021

Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021

mikerinck

Thank you. That license is exclusively for version 6, but let me see what I can do and get back to you.
By Dave - 10/14/2021

Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021

mikerinck

Thank you. That license is exclusively for version 6, but let me see what I can do and get back to you.

We have added a courtesy Inquisit 5 Web license to the account so you can run the joystick AAT using version 5.0.14.0 on the web.
By Sercan - 10/14/2021

Dave - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021
Dave - 10/14/2021
Sercan - 10/14/2021

mikerinck

We have added a courtesy Inquisit 5 Web license to the account so you can run the joystick AAT using version 5.0.14.0 on the web.

Thank you very much, Dave! This works perfectly.