Millisecond Forums

RE: Error Message using Voice/Speech input

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic5326.aspx

By jhedrick0521 - 1/19/2011

Hi, my coauthor and I are having trouble getting Inquisit to display (or play) an error message when using auditory input.  We're basically running an experiment similar to an IAT but using vocal responses.  That part of the script works fine (and I can post if it would help), but our error messages - both textual and auditory - will not display or play if the subject vocalizes an incorrect (or even invalid) response.

In short, is there anyway to display a visual error message or play an auditory error message if the input is auditory and the subject utters an incorrect response?  Thanks!

James

P.S. - A similar script using a simple visual-manual experiment and input played the audio error message perfectly.

By Dave - 1/19/2011

In short, is there anyway to display a visual error message or play an auditory error message if the input is auditory and the subject utters an incorrect response?

The "Verbal Stroop with Speech Recognition" script available from the Task Library does exactly that, so you might want to take it as a starting point / model for your own script.

Hope this helps,

~Dave