Passing subject numbers from Inquisit to another survey

Author
sameersriv
Respected Member (404 reputation)Respected Member (404 reputation)Respected Member (404 reputation)Respected Member (404 reputation)Respected Member (404 reputation)Respected Member (404 reputation)Respected Member (404 reputation)Respected Member (404 reputation)Respected Member (404 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have figured out how to pass subject numbers from another survey to Inquisit.  But I'd like to start my study out with the IAT and so need some guidance on how to pass subject numbers from Inquisit to another web site.  I'll have generated a unique identifier for all my respondents in advance.  So the main question is how to pass that number on to the other survey.  Any suggestions?
seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)
Group: Administrators

Hi Sameer,

Using our default launch page as a starting point, your basic strategy would be to define the FinishPage variable as the url of the other survey, and to append the subject number to it in the form of a query parameter. For example, if the subject number was 333, the FinishPage url might look something like the following:

http://www.surveychimp.com/mysurvey.html?subjectnumber=333

You can create his url in the launch page's javascript. The easiest way I can think of would be to add the following line to the "GetSubjectNumber" function:

FinishPage = "http://www.surveygorilla.com/mysurvey.html?subjectnumber=" + SubjectNumber;        

You'll then need to configure your survey software to read the parameter. If the survey package expects a certain parameter name, you can change "subjectnumber" to whatever is appropriate.

Once Inquisit is finished running, it will redirect to this url.

Cheers,
Sean

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search