Inquist 4 + BIOPAC (MP150) = biofeedback?

Author
andy
Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi all,

I plan to run a training that decreases a potentially existing incongruence between subjective and physiological reactions to emotions.

For this purpose, I will presents emotional expressions to participants and subsequently ask them to indicate their own emotional reactions to them (using Inquisit 4). In parallel, I am going to record expression-contingent changes in skin conductance level (SCL) and heart rate (using BIOPAC MP 150) and I would like to feedback these physiological changes e.g. an increase in SCL to the participants within an Inquisit-trial (e.g. a feedback trial that shows both reactions (subjective statement + physiological changes) on the same screen within the Inquisit experiment).

Most importantly, I need to know, whether it is technically possible to export BIOPAC signals in a form that Inquisit can read and integrate within a given trial (I have been thiniking about TTL-Signals, the stimulator function of MP150 (http://www.biopac.com/Manuals/acqknowledge%204%20software%20guide.pdf  -  p108ff), or the possibility to integrate BIOPAC data to SMI BeGaze or Noldus Observer). Has anybody hands-on experience with such a setup?

As I am not a technican, I would very much appreciate any idea!

Best ,

Andy

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

I very much doubt that BIOPAC's AcqKnowledge software is able to communicate its analysis results to any other application in real-time, much less via TTL signals. As far as I can see, the "Stimulator" options are designed to time-synch and/or trigger external equipment (e.g. a shock or tone generator), not to transfer complex state information / acquisition results.

I'm pretty sure it can export to various applications (e.g. BeGaze) for data integration after the fact (i.e. not in real-time). However, I would recommend you take this up with BIOPAC support who certainly know their hard- and software capabilities better than I do.

andy
andy
Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi Dave,

thank you for your quick response. OK, I'll contact Biopac support for more information and keep you posted in case there is any solution for my concern.

Best,

Andy

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search