Pairing a given stimulus with a set

Author
knchicago
Respected Member (338 reputation)Respected Member (338 reputation)Respected Member (338 reputation)Respected Member (338 reputation)Respected Member (338 reputation)Respected Member (338 reputation)Respected Member (338 reputation)Respected Member (338 reputation)Respected Member (338 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hello. I'm new to Inquisit, and figuring out most things with the guidance of only the internet. Unfortunately, I'm stuck and haven't found answers yet.

I'm making a spatial comparison task. I have 4 base picture stimuli, and for each base, I have 8 matching but rotated picture stimuli, and 8 mirrored/rotated picture stimuli.

How can I present trials randomly, but still make sure the bases and their respective rotations/mirrors are paired for each trial? I want it so that the base presented is random, but the accompanying picture stimuli is random only relative to the base (one of the 8 rotated versions of that base, for example).

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

See the "How to present stimulus pairs" topic in the documentation.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search