creating a task that involves different variations of repeating image stimuli

creating a task that involves different variations of repeating image...
Author
Nick00004
Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I'm still quite new at Inquisit, and I need to figure out how to create a novel task in which respondents will see various image stimuli appear on screen. The 'viewing' part of the trial will show, say, 4 different images, and each image will appear on screen in three possible ways, randomly chosen each time: a solid image for 10 seconds; a repeated image that is shown 5 times for 2 seconds each; or another repeated image that is shown 2 times for 5 seconds each. Afterwards, in the 'ratings' phase, respondents will be probed with the same images they just saw in the viewing phase and asked to give different ratings.

Are there any scripts out there already which might me a nudge in the right direction?

Thanks so much,

Nick

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Can you be more specific re. what exactly you are having trouble with? It seems to me that you should be able to get the basic thing going after completing the tutorials in the documentation, but I might be missing something.

Nick00004
Nick00004
Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
yeap, fair. Let me give it a whirl first and go back to the tutorials. I'll reach out once I have questions that are more specific!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search