auditory IAT presentation

Author
Andrea Deme
Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear all,

I need a bit of help with an auditory IAT. I created a script that uses wav files as target  (and text files as attributes). I also created a text item "Sound" that appears along with the auditory stimuli. 
Thus an auditory trial (and the text item) looks like this:

<text begin>
/ items = ("Sound")
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 2%)
</text>

<trial targetBleft>
/ validresponse = ("E", "I")
/ correctresponse = ("E")
/ stimulusframes = [1 = targetB, begin]
/ posttrialpause = 250
</trial>

But the problem is that the informants keep forgetting to push the buttons as the "Sound" text appears and the sound starts at the same time and there is nothing remembering them to push when the sound ended.
Therefore, I would like to delay the apearance of the "Sound" text (and test t if it's okay) and I hope it might help.
However, I have found no clue how to do this meither on the tutorial sites, nor in the attributes (when I was surfing through the manual).

Could you help me out?
Thanks a lot,
Andrea
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
To "delay" the presentation of the <text> element, you do something along the lines of

/ stimulustimes = [0=targetB; 1000=begin]

instead of

/ stimulusframes = [1 = targetB, begin]
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search