Inquisit 3 and GazePoint eyetracker compatibility.

Author
***JayD***
Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
We've recently purchased a Gazepoint GP3 eyetracker and I was wondering if it is compatible with Inquisit 3? I have looked on the Millisecond website and the only eyetracking systems that seem to be mentioned are ASL and Tobii (for which I think a plugin is needed).
Is there no way to sync up Inquisit to Gazepoint (e.g. via a network port)?
Thanks,
Jay

Tags
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
No, there is no Inquisit 3 support for that eye tracker. Neither is it possible to sync using ethernet, I'm afraid.

***JayD***
***JayD***
Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
OK, thanks for the reply Dave.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
It should add that -- provided your eye tracker hard- & software supports it -- Inquisit 3 can still send TTL signals to & receive TTL signals from the device via either the serial or the parallel port. That may allow for sufficient synchronization (e.g. start / stop acquisition, send a stimulus marker to the tracker, etc.) depending on what exactly you aim to do. It won't enable Inquisit 3 to "see", work with and record the full gaze data stream coming from the eye tracker, though. Hope this helps.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search