Logitech Laserpointer as inputdevice

Author
Svenja
Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)Partner Member (859 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello to everyone,
I want to use a logitech laserpointer as the inputdevice (like this one http://www.logitech.com/de-de/product/wireless-presenter-r400?crid=11) for a IAT-related task. How does the command look like?
i thought about
/ inputdevice = COM~n
furthermore I need the command for the valid and correct response. Can anybody help me?
Thanks in advance!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
the COM would only be suitable if the laser pointer connects to the machine via the serial port (or its driver creates a "virtual" COM port). I suspect that's not the case, but the manufacturer's technical documentation should have information on that. The correct settings for /validresponse and /correctresponse will depend on the specific device (i.e., whatever it sends on certain actions), so this question of yours cannot be answered in the abstract.

More likely, the laser pointer will simply make itself available to the system as a mouse (or have a way to emulate a mouse), in which case /inputdevice=mouse and regular mouse events are the correct settings. Again, the device manufacturer's documentation should provide the necessary information regarding the devices operation.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search