Picture sets between participants

Author
bkennedy
Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In what is sure to be a naive question (still new to Inquisit) - I'm writing a program to run online where participants rate images.  Each participant will rate 63 images, and there are 5 sets of 63 images that will differ between participants.  What is the best way to assign the image sets across participants?  Should all (5x63=) 315 images be included in a single program (I'm worried about loading times)?  And if so, how can I assign the different image sets to different people?  I've thought about making each set of images a different "item",  (e.g., <item firstsetofimages>, /1="image1.jpg", etc.) and then somehow write that in each condition to reference a different one of those item lists (e.g., /onexptbegin=[values.thisconditionlist="firstsetofimages"]).  It's not working the way that I'm trying it right now - but if anyone can guide me on how to assign certain images to different people - I'd really appreciate your help!  (Please also let me know if I can clarify the question.)  Thanks in advance!!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You can use conditional <include> elements to do that:

<include>
/ precondition = [mod(script.groupid,2)==1]
/ file = "set1items.txt"
</include>

<include>
/ precondition = [mod(script.groupid,2)==0]
/ file = "set2items.txt"
</include>

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1-2=mytrial]
</block>

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=mytext]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

<text mytext>
/ items = myitems
</text>

with set1item.txt containing

<item myitems>
/ 1 = "Set 1 A"
/ 2 = "Set 1 B"
</item>

and set2item.txt containing

<item myitems>
/ 1 = "Set 2 A"
/ 2 = "Set 2 B"
</item>

It works the same with pictures and additional conditions (5 instead of 2). In the above, an odd group number will give you set 1, an even group number will give you set 2.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search