Stroop task using DirectIN button box

Author
kmh
Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello all,
  I've been searching for a script to be able to run a stroop task in Inquisit 3 using the DirectIN button box (http://www.empirisoft.com/directin.aspx). I've tried adapting the scripts for the com response box to no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
 Kelly
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
On the page you linked ( http://www.empirisoft.com/directin.aspx ), Empirisoft claims that "Boxes should work properly with virtually all software as they will appear to the computer as regular keyboards". There is no need to adapt a script for COM response boxes then. The box acts as a regular keyboard and you should treat it as such in your Inquisit script (i.e. /inputdevice=keyboard etc.).

kmh
kmh
Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)Respected Member (369 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks, Dave, for the quick reply! That makes perfect sense, although I can't seem to get the computer to recognize the button box as a keyboard in order to be able to use it. I'll have to check with windows on that end, though. 

Thanks again!

Kelly
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
If I read the information on the Empirisoft page correctly, the box should essentially behave like an external numpad ("It works with virtually all software because the computer will simply think someone is pressing the keys 1 through 9 on a regular USB keyboard."). Attach the box to your machine, select Tools -> Keyboard Scancodes... from Inquisit's menu and hit the buttons from left to right. You should see the corresponding scan codes for the numpad (79, 80, 81, ...). Those are the values you use in your script's /validresponse, /correctresponse etc. attributes.

It may also be that the box emulates the number keys you find at the top of a regular keyboard. In this case, they'll be 2, 3, 4, ... The Keyboard Scancodes tool will tell.

Edited 9 Years Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search