Using the Dynamic Identity Fusion Index (DIFI) with Inquisit

Author
audiosophy
Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey there,

I would like to use the Dynamic Identity Fusion Index (DIFI; http://www.uned.es/pspp/measures/difi/index.htm) with my inquisit lab study. I believe it can be used with a html form or embedded in Qualtrics. As the rest of my study doesn't require a web connection it would be a shame to have to exit inquisit and access qualtrics. But is there anyway to record the data for this scale inside a html element in inquisit for instance? If not what do you think is the best way of integrating this scale into my inquisit study? 

Thanks,

Xander
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
> But is there anyway to record the data for this scale inside a html element in inquisit for instance?

It depends. You will not be able to capture the DIFI's data in Inquisit's data file. However, if you can get the DIFI to run locally using their JavaScript version ( http://www.uned.es/pspp/measures/difi/script.htm ), you may be able to have it write out its own data file.

Your other options are (1) use Qualtrics (or something similar) in addition to Inquisit or (2) re-implement the DIFI in native Inquisit syntax (which may be a considerable amount of work or not possible at all; I can't really tell because their web demo isn't working for me).

Overall, I would probably opt for (1).

audiosophy
audiosophy
Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Yes fair enough I might take the path of least resistance then and jump out into qualtrics. Would be interested though to see whether you thought it was possible to implement the index in the inquisit syntax (I think their website is up again if you had the inclination :) )

thanks again
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search