Use nextkey in whole experiment

Author
DaNylz
Associate Member (230 reputation)Associate Member (230 reputation)Associate Member (230 reputation)Associate Member (230 reputation)Associate Member (230 reputation)Associate Member (230 reputation)Associate Member (230 reputation)Associate Member (230 reputation)Associate Member (230 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I am creating an experiment that is basically working through a questionnaire.
I will enter the participants answers directly into inquisit instead of showing it to the participant.

It would be a lot faster to select the answer on each surveypage but to be able to jump to the next page
by pressing a nextkey instead of moving the mouse cursor from the MC area down to the "Next" Button.

So basically I want to select the answer to the questions on that page by mouse but jump to the next page by pressing a keyboard button.
Is that even possible?

What I tried:

<surveypage 01_C_CIDISOM01>
/caption = "1. Picture 1"
/ txcolor = (0, 0, 0)
/ fontstyle = ("Tahoma", 25px, false, false, false)
/ questions=[1=color; 2=size; 3=somemoreshit; 4=blabla]
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/ nextlabel = "NEXT (space)"
/ backlabel = "BACK (B)"
/ nextkey = (" ")
/ prevkey = ("b")
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ inputdevice = keyboard
/ nextbuttonposition = (85, 85)
/ backbuttonposition = (05, 85)
/ showpagenumbers = false
</surveypage>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
> So basically I want to select the answer to the questions on that page by mouse but jump to the next page by pressing a
> keyboard button.
> Is that even possible?

No, that's not possible. However, you can keyboard-navigate through surveypages / questions using the TAB key. TAB'ing to the next button and pressing ENTER will submit the responses.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search