Item line/spacing formatting issue

Author
BellEmess
Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

I've got an issue with an item element in my script. I've written up each of these three items to display fake "results" to participants, and formatted the information exactly as shown below (including the blank lines between the sentences of information). This appears identical to the script when I test the script out using "Run the Script"/"Test Monkey"/"Run selected survey element" etc. but when I actually upload the script to the Millisecond server and tried it out, the formatting is completely different when it reaches these particular items. Basically, it looks like all the separate lines turn into a single line of text and the only thing visible on the screen is the following text:
"indicated by the double-dashed line (below the dotted line).                           Xintrovert"
all along a single line in the centre of the screen (with the large gap between the two sections). 

Does anyone know why this would appear correctly when testing the script, but does not appear correctly when it is uploaded? I've checked it in both Firefox and IE. I can attach screencaps if that will better illustrate the issue. 

Here's that section of the script:
<trial feedback_extra_A>
/ stimulusframes = [1=feedback_extra_B]
/ validresponse = (" ")
/ recorddata = true
</trial>

<text feedback_extra_B>
/ numitems = 1
/ position = (50, 50)
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 18pt)
/ items = feedback_extra_C
/ color = (255, 255, 255)
/ txbgcolor = (0, 0, 0)
</text>

<item feedback_extra_C>
/1 = "EXTRAVERSION.
Your score for Extraversion is: 3.2

Scores range from 1 (introverted) to 5 (extraverted), shown by the dotted line.
Your individual score is indicated below, by the letter X.
The typical range of scores for men aged 18-30years is indicated by the double-dashed line (below the dotted line).

X
Introverted <------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Extraverted
                       <=============>

Please press SPACEBAR for your next set of results."
</item>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
#1: For line breaks to work properly, you must specify the <text> element's /size attribute.
#2: You should use special characters to indicate line breaks instead of entering them in the <item> element.
#3: It's also recommended to express all sizes and positions -- including fontsize -- in percentages.

<trial feedback_extra_A>
/ stimulusframes = [1=feedback_extra_B]
/ validresponse = (" ")
/ recorddata = true
</trial>

<text feedback_extra_B>
/ numitems = 1
/ position = (50%, 50%)
/ size = (90%,75%)
/ vjustify = center
/ hjustify = left
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 3%)
/ items = feedback_extra_C
/ color = (255, 255, 255)
/ txbgcolor = (0, 0, 0)
</text>

<item feedback_extra_C>
/1 = "EXTRAVERSION.~nYour score for Extraversion is: 3.2~n~n~nScores range from 1 (introverted) to 5 (extraverted), shown by the dotted line.~nYour individual score is indicated below, by the letter X.~nThe typical range of scores for men aged 18-30years is indicated by the double-dashed line (below the dotted line).~n                            X~nIntroverted <------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Extraverted~n                       <=============>~n~n~nPlease press SPACEBAR for your next set of results."
</item>

BellEmess
BellEmess
Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Dave, it looks fine with your new script. I'll try to remember those suggestions for next time!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search