.swf files

Author
gugli
Associate Member (192 reputation)Associate Member (192 reputation)Associate Member (192 reputation)Associate Member (192 reputation)Associate Member (192 reputation)Associate Member (192 reputation)Associate Member (192 reputation)Associate Member (192 reputation)Associate Member (192 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I require participants to play a short .swf game as part of my Inquisit 4 survey. I put the games are in the survey through the <html> function, with a url linking to the .swf  file embedded in HTML code in a separate HTML file. The flash games are hosted on external websites, and all of the games play fine in the Inquisit program.

However, when the survey is test run online the game does not load at all - it firstly has about 5-10 seconds of blank screen before finally a blank square appears where the game is supposed to be, as though the link is broken.
Again, everything works in the program, it is only online where I experience this problem. Any ideas as to where I am going wrong?

<trial deanimator>
/timeout = values.playtime
/stimulustimes = [0=htmlgame; 30000=warning; 31000=timer]
/showmousecursor = true
/inputdevice= mouse
</trial>

<html htmlgame>
/items = gameslist
/select = noreplace
/position = (15, 50)
/showborders = false
/showscrollbars = false
</html>

<item gameslist>
/1="moremindlessviolence.html"
/2="bejewelled.html"
/3="deadzed.html"
/4="bubbleshooter.html"
/5="folds.html"
/6="deanimator.html"
</item>
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Either there's something wrong with your HTML code / the embedding, the site hosting the SWFs is blocking embedding under certain circumstances, etc.

It's impossible to tell based on the Inquisit syntax snippets alone, as they don't speak to that at all.

I should also note that -- preferably -- you would obtain the actual SWF files and have Inquisit display them directly via the <video> element.

Kosinski_Lille
Kosinski_Lille
Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)
Dave - 6/9/2015
Either there's something wrong with your HTML code / the embedding, the site hosting the SWFs is blocking embedding under certain circumstances, etc.

It's impossible to tell based on the Inquisit syntax snippets alone, as they don't speak to that at all.

I should also note that -- preferably -- you would obtain the actual SWF files and have Inquisit display them directly via the <video> element.

Hi,
I have a script using .swf file (tetris game).
<video myflashgame>
/ items = ("tetris.swf")
/ size = (180%, 180%)
/ position = (50%, 55%)
</video>
This script run perfectly on inquisit 4.
However, I can't run this script on the latest version of inquisit (6). I have the following message "The file extension swf is an unsupported video format."
Could you help me ?
Best regards.
Thierry
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Kosinski_Lille - 11/17/2020
Dave - 6/9/2015

Hi,
<video myflashgame>
/ items = ("tetris.swf")
/ size = (180%, 180%)
/ position = (50%, 55%)
</video>
However, I can't run this script on the latest version of inquisit (6). I have the following message "The file extension swf is an unsupported video format."
Could you help me ?
Best regards.
Thierry

Since Flash isn't really supported on most devices & modern operating systems anymore, it won't work.
Kosinski_Lille
Kosinski_Lille
Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)Associate Member (140 reputation)
Dave - 11/17/2020
Kosinski_Lille - 11/17/2020
Dave - 6/9/2015

Hi,
<video myflashgame>
/ items = ("tetris.swf")
/ size = (180%, 180%)
/ position = (50%, 55%)
</video>
Could you help me ?
Best regards.
Thierry

Since Flash isn't really supported on most devices & modern operating systems anymore, it won't work.

Too bad !
Thanks for the answear.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search