Aesthetics on surveys

Author
mumbybox
Associate Member (156 reputation)Associate Member (156 reputation)Associate Member (156 reputation)Associate Member (156 reputation)Associate Member (156 reputation)Associate Member (156 reputation)Associate Member (156 reputation)Associate Member (156 reputation)Associate Member (156 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi!
Probably a simple issue I'm overlooking, but Ive attached a picture of a survey I'm working on and what's going on-
First issue is the white boxes around the response items. How do I make the background in those grey (I tried "/ txbgcolor = (247, 247, 247)" under the surveypage script with no success.) I can also accept just turning the whole surveypage white.

Second, is there a way to move the continue button over to the right bottom corner?

Thanks in advance for your help!

https://www.millisecond.com/forums/uploads/images/07c8288c-c4e8-485e-8860-89f9.jpg

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Re. #1: Turning the entire page white is the way to go. Unfortunately, due to technical limitations, not all elements' colors / background colors can be adjusted.

Re. #2: You can change the navigation buttons' positions via the <surveypage>'s /nextbuttonposition and /backbuttonposition attributes.

BG_CQU
BG_CQU
Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)
Hi Dave and others

I have a similar question to this. I used a sample script to construct my survey and I am trying to change the last button on the survey to say 'next' instead of 'finish' (see screenshot) as the participants need to continue on to an IAT experiment afterwards.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Belinda.
http://www.millisecond.com/forums/uploads/images/b5fb4b36-80bd-4124-ab55-d711.png

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
To change the buttons' labels, use the <survey>'s or <surveypage>'s /backlabel, /nextlabel and /finishlabel attributes. The one relevant to your specific question is /finishlabel.

BG_CQU
BG_CQU
Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)
Hi Dave

Thanks for the speedy response. Unfortunately I am still unable to change the text on this key. I did a search for the word 'finish' and it does not appear in my script anywhere! I tried adding the /nextlabel to the offending survey page, but the button still displays as 'finish'. See below for a screen shot of the syntax for the offending survey page and the results. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Belinda
http://www.millisecond.com/forums/uploads/images/d5fb4270-f51f-43f9-986b-d53c.png
http://www.millisecond.com/forums/uploads/images/d07e1422-84ba-409e-8cfc-d8c3.png
Dave
Dave
You need to add the attribute to the <surveypage> element. If no /finishlabel attribute is specified, Inquisit will use the default text.

I.e.,

<surveypage Pleasure2>
/ finishlabel = "Next >>"
</surveypage>

/nextlabel won't do anything here, because /nextlabel only applies if another page follows. Consider the following example to see the difference:

<survey mysurvey>
/ pages = [1=a; 2=b]
/ backlabel = "BACKLABEL ATTRIBUTE"
/ nextlabel = "NEXTLABEL ATTRIBUTE"
/ finishlabel = "FINISHLABEL ATTRIBUTE"
</survey>

<surveypage a>
/ caption = "1st page"
</surveypage>

<surveypage b>
/ caption = "2nd page"
</surveypage>

BG_CQU
BG_CQU
Ah huh! Wonderful. Thanks Dave. Sorted.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search