removestimulustime() and removcestimulusframe() remove the stimuli but not the control

removestimulustime() and removcestimulusframe() remove the stimuli but...
Author
Konstantina
Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I am using the "removestimulusframe()" to remove a picture from a trial the second time the trial runs.
The function does indeed remove the picture but i still have to wait the specific timeframe that was specified by the control that was removed. (The same goes for removestimulustime()).

e.g.
In an expression within a block, before the trial runs for the first time : trial.x_x_trial.insertstimulusframe(picture.go,300);
The trial has /ontrialend=[trial.x_x_trial.removestimulusframe(300)] and /branch = [if(values.trialno<values.num_responses) trial.x_x_trial]
The second time the trial runs- i don't see the stimulus specified but i can't respond immediately.

Please let me know if my post is not clear enough and i could include some code.

Thank you in advance!
Konstantina

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Try using the resetstimulusframes() function instead, which restores the <trial>'s original state (i.e., before the picture was injected into the stimulus presentation sequence):

<block myblock>
/ onblockbegin = [trial.mytrial.insertstimulusframe(text.mytext,300); ]
/ trials = [1-2=mytrial]
</block>

<trial mytrial>
/ ontrialend = [trial.mytrial.resetstimulusframes(); ]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

<text mytext>
/ items = ("GO")
</text>

Konstantina
Konstantina
Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)
Hi Dave,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I only have to remove the last stimulus, i need the rest to remain as they are and so resetstimulusframes() won't work for me.
Is there anything else i can do to remove just this one stimulus?

Thank you,
Konstantina
.resetstimulusframes()#sthash.5X5jwNvt.dpuf
.resetstimulusframes()#sthash.5X5jwNvt.dpufresetstimulus

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Depends on how you've set up the trial and the other stimuli it displays. If you have

<trial mytrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=a; 100=b; 200=c]
</trial>

with

then

/ ontrialend = [trial.mytrial.resetstimulusframes(); ]

will effectively only remove that single injected stimulus, while the rest remains intact.

Alternatively, you can force the beginsresponseframe or -time property to the desired value in addition to removing the frame:

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1-2=mytrial]
</block>

<trial mytrial>
/ ontrialend = [trial.mytrial.removestimulusframe(300); trial.mytrial.beginresponseframe=1; ]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

<text mytext>
/ items = ("GO")
</text>

Konstantina
Konstantina
Thanks a lot Dave! beginresponseframe did it!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search