feedback no response detected

Author
JuliaH
Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

*just as a disclaimer, I am new to Inquisit and have no background in programming and coding*

I am using the ANT CRSD and would like to display an error feedback with the text "no response detected"  if participants do not give a response.
At this moment the feedback is 'Error'  (when the participant presses the incorrect key AND when there is no response before timeout) or 'Correct (when the participant presses the correct key).

I have already made the following changes to the script:
<item practicefeedback>
/1 = "Error"
/2 = "Correct"
/0 = "No response detected"
</item>

which has had no effect.
I think I have to make an additional change to the following section, but am not sure how to work with the if - else section as I want to have 3 rather than 2 options: 
I would like to add "no response detected" in this format: {text.feedback.textcolor = red; values.selectfeedback = 0

<trial practice_feedback>
/ontrialbegin = [if (values.validcorrect == 1) {text.feedback.textcolor = green; values.selectfeedback = 2} else {text.feedback.textcolor = red; values.selectfeedback = 1}]
/stimulusframes = [1 = fixation, feedback, rtfeedback]
/trialduration = values.practicefeedback_duration
/branch = [trial.iti]
/recorddata = false
</trial>

Thank you for your help!
Julia
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You want

/ontrialbegin = [if (values.validcorrect == 1) {text.feedback.textcolor = green; values.selectfeedback = 2}
else if (block.ant_practice.response == "0") {text.feedback.textcolor = red; values.selectfeedback = 3}
else {text.feedback.textcolor = red; values.selectfeedback = 1}]
/branch = [trial.iti]
/recorddata = false
</trial>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Please disregard the above for the time being. I think there is a slight mistake which will lead to the wrong feedback being given under certain circumstances. I will post corrected code ASAP.

Dave
Dave
This should work more reliably, but let me know if you encounter any problems with it:

/ontrialbegin = [if (values.validcorrect == 1) {text.feedback.textcolor = green; values.selectfeedback = 2} else {text.feedback.textcolor = red; values.selectfeedback = 1}]
/ontrialbegin = [if (block.ant_practice.latency >= 1500) {text.feedback.textcolor = red; values.selectfeedback = 3}]

/branch = [trial.iti]
/recorddata = true
</trial>

JuliaH
JuliaH
Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)Expert (1K reputation)
Thank you Dave, it works!

What is the reason for changing 
/recorddata = false
to
 /recorddata = true ?

I assumed that before data was not recorded as feedback was given during practice only.
Julia
Dave
Dave
No reason except for testing purposes (having a record in the data file that allows for checking whether the proper feedback was presented). Once you've ensured that you can safely set it back to false.

JuliaH
JuliaH
clear, thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search