Video and picture size

Author
evolpsy
Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Are there specific commands that allow manipulating the size of the stimuli , presented? In the help and tutorial section I found commands for manipulating the position on the screen but not for the size?

Well, I found a size command but this refers to something else?

The problem can probably be circumvented by manipulating the original stimuli rather than the script for pictures but not for videos I think?

Any thoughts,

best

Thomas

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Well, the Inquisit 2 helpfile actually states that the size attribute also applies to video stimuli:
"The video element defines a set of video items and controls how they are displayed."

Syntax
<video videoname>

/ erase = true(red, green, blue) or false
/ halign = alignment
/ hposition = decimal or variable
/ items = itemname or ("item", "item", "item",... )
/ playthrough = boolean
/ position = (x, y)
/ select = integer or selectionmode or selectionmode(pool) or dependency(stimulusname) or dependency(countername) or countername
/ size = (width, height)
/ valign = alignment
/ vposition = decimal or variable

</video>

It also says that the "size attribute is useful for presenting pictures and video in the
same size, or long strings of text that should be wrapped over multiple
lines. Text, pictures, shapes, and video are sized to fit within the
bounding rectangle."

So, according to the helpfile, you should be fine. As I currently don't have Inquisit 2 installed (I've switched to Inquisit 3 a while ago), I'm unable to test it, though. If all else fails, you could still go and change the size of your original videos. There are a bunch of tools available on the internet that should be able to do the job. I think a small, free program called "VirtualDub" (http://www.virtualdub.org) might be the right thing for you.

~Dave

evolpsy
evolpsy
Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Thanks for your fast reply!

My help file says that the attributes of a video are:

<video videoname >
/ erase = false | true(r, g, b)
/ halign = left | right | center
/ hposition = 50 | constant(50) | noreplace | noreplace(1, 5 - 10, 12, 14 - 20) |
               noreplacenot(stimulusname) | replace | replace(1, 5 - 10, 12, 14 - 20) |
               replacenot(stimulusname) | sequence | sequence(1, 5 - 10, 12, 14 - 20) | countername
/ items = (“filename1", “filename2",  ... ) | itemname
/ playthrough = false | true
/ position = (x%, y%)
/ select = noreplace | replace | sequence | sequence(4, 2, 1, 7, ...) |
             constant(2) | linked(stimulus) | replacenot(stimulus) | noreplacenot(stimulus)
/ valign = top | bottom | center
/ vposition = 50 | constant(50) | noreplace | noreplace(1, 5 - 10, 12, 14 - 20) |
               noreplacenot(stimulusname) | replace | replace(1, 5 - 10, 12, 14 - 20) |
               replacenot(stimulusname) | sequence | sequence(1, 5 - 10, 12, 14 - 20) | countername
</video>

And I did try the /size command but this leads to an error and tells met that /size is not a valid attribute.

Either way: I'll look into resizing the videos with a program.

Many thanks,

best,

Thomas

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Hm, I've looked it up right here: http://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v2/index.htm
Too bad it's not working. Have you made sure that you're running the latest version of Inquisit 2? The latest release available at the site's Archive (http://www.millisecond.com/download/archives.aspx) is version 
2.0.61004.6, but Sean has released a more recent build here: http://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic1674.aspx (see second post in the thread for the download link). Try updating to this version before you tinkle with the size of the original videos. Might save you some time...

~Dave

seandr
seandr
Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)Supreme Being (142K reputation)

I think Dave's hunch is correct - you should try download the latest build.

The size attribute was added to Inquisit 2.0.60616.0, so if you have any version prior to that, this attribute is not recognized.

-Sean

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search