Linking stimuli between blocks

Author
lexy
Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)Respected Member (304 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi there,

I was wondering whether anyone may be able to help me. My apologies if I’m not being clear here – I’m very much an Inquisit beginner. I’m looking to link stimuli between blocks. Is this at all possible? If so, what type of code would I be looking at? In essence (this is the amended version) I’d like to link A to B and 1 to 2, but A is presented about 3 blocks earlier than B, and 1 3 blocks earlier than B (in the same block). Whilst A and 1 need to be randomised in the first block.

I have this in the 1st block

<sound block1>

/ items = ("Sound Files\A", "Sound Files\1")

/ select = noreplace

/ playthrough = true

</sound>

And this in the 2nd block

<sound block 6>

/ items = ("Sound Files\B", "Sound Files\2")

/ select = linked(block1)

/ playthrough = true

</sound>

But I keep getting the message: /select: Could not locate element 'sound'.

I’ve tried manipulating the text provided under the Inquisit Help Index Option “Select” but with no success.

I’ve also tried creating blocks to see whether I could create two sets of blocks (instructions, stimulus, questions) and randomise the stimulus part, but I’m having problems getting the <exp> section to actually randomise a group of blocks within a set of blocks.

Can anyone help here?

Thank you!

Alex

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search