Error with some participants Inquisit Web

Author
sdandeneau
Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 

I'm running an online study, and some participants are telling me they are getting this error: 

Errors
Inquisit encountered errors while attempting to run this study.

TypeScript ContextError Message
iconError/myaccount/scripts/dandeneau/iqxPluginInstall/iqxPluginInstall.iqx.defaults.finishpageInvalid setting. The finish page must be a web address.

It works for most people, but this error is popping up for some. The task is set to run with 4.0.9 version. 

What is causing the problem and how can I fix it?
Thanks in advance, 
Stéphane
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
(Re-)Downloading the most recent web player (here: 4.0.9.0) via the link on the launch page and then (re-)installing it should make the error go away.

sdandeneau
sdandeneau
Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)
Thanks, I'll send them the information and see if it fixes there issue. 
audiosophy
audiosophy
Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)
I too am having the same problem today. The trouble is though that many people have the 4.0.8.0 player installed, and when they go to run the study, there is no prompt that warns them the script will break if they don't have 4.0.9.0 installed. So they run it and then it fails. Is this something that will be addressed? I can see it being a major source of frustration.

And in the meantime, could I request that Millisecond reinstate the option of running the study with the 4.0.8.0 player, which I am seeing has disappeared within the last few days (along with all versions previous to 4.0.9.0)?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
The fix is indeed to use the latest version of the web player (4.0.9.0). We're looking into whether there's a reliable way to prompt participants and/or enforce the installation of the latest version if an outdated version is already installed, however due to how the web player works this isn't trivial. In the meantime, perhaps adding an explicit message to your launch page reminding participants to (re-)download and (re-)install the player is a workable option.

audiosophy
audiosophy
Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)Guru (8.6K reputation)
Ok will do. Thanks. 
Dave
Dave
I should add that we pushed an update to the 4.0.9.0 launch pages for experiments hosted on millisecond.com which *should* enforce the latest version for participants that already have an older version already installed. If you experience any trouble with this, please let us know.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search