Running batch commands in Mac?

Author
Austin
Partner Member (598 reputation)Partner Member (598 reputation)Partner Member (598 reputation)Partner Member (598 reputation)Partner Member (598 reputation)Partner Member (598 reputation)Partner Member (598 reputation)Partner Member (598 reputation)Partner Member (598 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I know that I can use batch commands in Windows to string multiple Inquisit experiments together. Is is possible to do the same on a Mac? Batch commands won't work on Mac, but there are roughly equivalent ways of stringing together multiple experiments by using alternative programs. My question is, will the native Inquisit commands that work with batch commands also work with the alternative programs on a Mac?

Thanks,
Tags
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
It's not quite clear what you mean by batch commands.

#1: Inquisit's own <batch> elements work on Macs just like they work on Windows.
#2: If you are talking about running Inquisit scripts (and possibly other applications) via the command line (terminal), that's possible on Macs as well, although the command line syntax differs from Windows'. You'll find the command line syntax required to invoke Inquisit on Macs covered in the "How to Launch Inquisit Using Command Line Parameters" topic in the documentation:

The following runs an IAT script using a subject id of 1000 and group id of 2 on a Windows command line.

"C:\Program Files\Millisecond Software\Inquisit 4\Inquisit.exe" "C:\MyInquisitScripts\IAT.iqx" -s 1000 -g 2

The following does the same on a Mac terminal prompt

"/Applications/Inquisit.app" "~/myscripts/IAT.iqx" -s 1000 -g 2

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search