Operator "Logical OR"

Author
Ulrike Nestler
Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I am programming my own version of the stroop task in which I need correct responses, incorrect responses and ommission errors counted singularly. My problem is that I think I made a mistake how to use the operator OR and inquisit does not what I want it to. As an example:

<trial greencontrol_easy>
/ontrialbegin = [values.count_control.easy += 1]
/ontrialbegin = [values.congruency = 3]
/ pretrialpause = 250
/ stimulustimes = [0= fixation; 500=greencontrol_easy]
/ correctresponse = ("f")
/ validresponse = ("d", "f", "j")
/ timeout = 2000
/ errormessage = true(x, 400)
/ontrialend = [if (trial.greencontrol_easy.correct) {values.countcorrect_control.easy += 1; values.sumrt_control.easy += trial.greencontrol_easy.latency}]
/ontrialend = [if (trial.greencontrol_easy.response == 0 ) {values.control_oe_easy += 1; values.sumrt_control_oe_easy += trial.greencontrol_easy.latency}]
/ontrialend = [if (trial.greencontrol_easy.response == "j"|| trial.greencontrol_easy.response =="d" ) {values.incorrect_control_easy += 1; values.sumrt_control_incorrect_easy += trial.greencontrol_easy.latency}]
</trial>

The last bit [if (trial.greencontrol_easy.response == "j"|| trial.greencontrol_easy.response =="d" ) is supposed to count the wrong button presses to the incorrect trials but it doesnt work. Meaning, if the subject presses either "j" or "d", it is a wrong answer, thus it gets added to the values.incorrect_control_easy. BUt it doesnt work. Inquisit runs the entire, no question. But mistakes don't get counted.
What did I do wrong?
If you think you need the entire script, just let me know, I can send it to you as well.

Thanks.
Regards,
Ulrike Nestler

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
The problem isn't the OR operator. The problem is that the response-property *does not* return the "literal" key (e.g. "d" or "k"). It returns the respective numerical keyboard scancode. Thus

if (trial.greencontrol_easy.response == "j" || trial.greencontrol_easy.response == "d")

ought to actually read

if (trial.greencontrol_easy.response == 36 || trial.greencontrol_easy.response == 32)

For details see the "Keyboard Scan Codes" topic in the documentation as well as Tools -> Keyboard Scancodes...

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search