restarting after abort

Author
sdubrow
Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I have had a couple web participants producing multiple logs of the same script (e.g., multiple consent form data files), which I assume means they restarted the experiment after the script aborted. It seems that when the script aborts, people can still press that start button again to restart it (correct me if I'm wrong). Do you know of anyway to prevent this? For example, is there any way to have the script check the web database for whether a subject id has already been run?

As always, thanks for advising!
Sarah
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
> It seems that when the script aborts, people can still press that start button again to restart it (correct me if I'm wrong).

Yes, that is correct. People can restart the experiment via the launch page's start button.

> Do you know of anyway to prevent this? For example, is there any way to have the script check the web database for whether a subject id
> has already been run?

No, I'm afraid that is not currently possible (and I cannot think of any other way either). Even if it were possible to check the subject id, a participant could still "try again" after an abort by opening the launch page again in a different browser window or refreshing it (thus generating a new subject id).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search