Question for SC-IAT Coding

Author
DummyCoder
Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, 

I have been trying to get a Single Category - IAT code to work but I have been having problems with one of the errors in the script. I used the template provided by the Single Category Picture IAT in the library section on the website but the same error occurs when I try to run the script even when I have not made any adjustments (although running the test online works).

Here's the part of the code that has the error: 

<expressions>
/ m1 = values.sum1 / values.n1
/ m2 = values.sum2 / values.n2
/ sd1 = sqrt((values.ss1 - (values.n1 * (expressions.m1 * expressions.m1))) / (values.n1 - 1))
/ sd2 = sqrt((values.ss2 - (values.n2 * (expressions.m2 * expressions.m2))) / (values.n2 - 1))
/ sd = sqrt((((values.n1 - 1) * (expressions.sd1 * expressions.sd1) + (values.n2 - 1) * (expressions.sd2 * expressions.sd2)) + ((values.n1 + values.n2) * ((expressions.m1 - expressions.m2) * (expressions.m1 - expressions.m2)) / 4) ) / (values.n1 + values.n2 - 1) )
/ d = (m2 - m1) / expressions.sd
/ latdiff = m2 - m1
/ attitude = "unknown"
/ percentcorrect = (values.n_correct/ (block.compatibletest.trialcount + block.incompatibletest.trialcount)) * 100
</expressions>

And the error is: Expressions 'computer.touch' is invalid. Expression contains an unknown element or property name. 

Thank you for your help in advance!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
The <expressions> you pasted do not contain the computer.touch property referenced in the error, i.e., that <expressions> element is not where the error originates.

The computer.touch property is new to Inquisit 5 syntax. If you were to run the script in either a lower version (Inquisit 4.0.x.x) or an outdated Inquisit 5 version, you would get that error. Given that you are able to run the script online, I suspect the latter is the case. Make sure you download and install the latest Inquisit 5 Lab version available via https://www.millisecond.com/download/ and the script should work.

DummyCoder
DummyCoder
Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)Respected Member (498 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you! I love you Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search