Branching and Blocks

Author
Jin
Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

I have two issues with my script that I can not figure out.

1) I am trying to get one of my survey pages to either: branch to additional questions if the first question was answered correctly, or move on to the next trial if the first question was answered incorrectly.

First Question:
<surveypage POST_TOM_S>
/ questions = [1=TOM_CAP_S; 2=TOM_Q_S]
/ nextbuttonposition = (37%, 80%)
/ finishlabel = "Click to proceed to the next video."
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ showbackbutton = false
/ recorddata = true
/ branch = [surveypage.post_tom_qs]
</surveypage>

Follow-up question (if 1st was answered correctly):

<surveypage POST_TOM_QS>
/ questions = [1=TOM_SA; 2=TOM_SB; 3=TOM_SC; 4=TOM_SD]
/ nextbuttonposition = (37%, 80%)
/ finishlabel = "Click to proceed to the next video."
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ showbackbutton = false
/ recorddata = true
</surveypage>

My second question is how do I prevent the same video from repeating? I have "noreplace" in the block section and in the item section, however it still sometimes repeats the same video...

<block STIM_G>
/ trials = [1-6=noreplace(PRE_GD, PRE_TOM_S, PRE_TOM_M, PRE_RD)]
</block>

*note: PRE_GD and PRE_RD contain two videos each, and PRE_TOM_S and PRE_TOM_M contain only 1 video each.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Re. #1: See https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost5461.aspx

Re. #2:

<block STIM_G>
/ trials = [1-6=noreplace(PRE_GD, PRE_TOM_S, PRE_TOM_M, PRE_RD)]
</block>

means you are taking 6 samples from the four elements PRE_GD, PRE_TOM_S, PRE_TOM_M, and PRE_RD *in equal proportions*. What you actually want, however, is *two* instances of PRE_GD, *two* instances of PRE_RD, and only *one* instance each of PRE_TOM_S and PRE_TOM_M. You simply need to specify exactly that:

/ trials = [1-6=noreplace(PRE_GD, PRE_GD, PRE_TOM_S, PRE_TOM_M, PRE_RD, PRE_RD)]
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search