Adding Pictures to BART

Author
JAMLab
Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am new to Inquisit and was wanting to use BART task for an upcoming study. However, I wanted to add images of faces before each new balloon.

I have 4 conditions (fear, happy, neutral, anger) and 10 images per condition -- changing the default # of balloons to 40 (which I can do easily)

My main question is how I would edit the script so that before each balloon, an image would appear for 2 seconds? I wanted it to choose randomly with no replacement per emotion condition.

In summation, if someone could offer advice on how to edit BART script to add pictures before each balloon that'd be great! 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You need to add one or several <picture> elements to the script.

<picture face>
/ items = faceitems
</picture>

<item faceitems>
/ 1 = "fear_01.jpg"
/ 2 = "fear_02.jpg"
/ 11 = "happy_01.jpg"
/ 21 = "neutral_01.jpg"
/ 31 = "anger_01.jpg"
/ 40 = "anger_10.jpg"
</item>

You can then display that <picture> for the desired amount of time by adding it to <trial init>'s /stimulustimes:

<trial init>
/ stimulustimes = [0=blank, face]
/ response = noresponse
/ branch = [trial.choice]
/ recorddata = true
/ trialduration = 2000

</trial>

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...