How to accept input during the stimulusframe?

Author
jzhuang8
Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am implementing a flashing "x" on the screen, and the user will need to tap on the "x" as soon as it shows up on the screen. However, in order for the "x" to flash, I defined as following:  
<trial target>
/ stimulusframes = [1 = crossRed,beepsound; 20 = crossGreen, beepsound;
                               40 = crossRed,beepsound; 60 = crossGreen, beepsound;
                               80 = crossRed,beepsound; 100 = crossGreen, beepsound;
                               120 = crossRed,beepsound; 140 = crossGreen, beepsound;]
/ validresponse = (crossRed,crossGreen)
/ correctresponse = (crossRed,crossGreen)
/ timeout = parameters.timeOut
</trial>
In this script, I have the cross to be flashing between red and green. But the inquisit does not accept the tap input until the 140 frames are completed. 
I am asking if there is any way to let the inquisit accept users' input during the defined stimulus frames? So the user can tap on the cross while the cross is flashing. If not, is there anyway to create a flashing object?

Thanks,

Jia

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
> I am asking if there is any way to let the inquisit accept users' input during the defined stimulus frames? So the user can tap on the cross
> while the cross is flashing. If not, is there anyway to create a flashing object?

Yes. If you want the <trial> to accept responses prior to completion of its stimulus presentation sequence, you can do so by specifying the <trial>'s /beginresponsetime or /beginresponseframe attribute as in:

<trial target>
/ stimulusframes = [1 = crossRed,beepsound; 20 = crossGreen, beepsound;
                               40 = crossRed,beepsound; 60 = crossGreen, beepsound;
                               80 = crossRed,beepsound; 100 = crossGreen, beepsound;
                               120 = crossRed,beepsound; 140 = crossGreen, beepsound;]
/ validresponse = (crossRed,crossGreen)
/ correctresponse = (crossRed,crossGreen)
/ beginresponseframe = 1
/ timeout = parameters.timeOut
</trial>
jzhuang8
jzhuang8
Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)Respected Member (464 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you!!!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search