creating judgment of contingency task?

Author
ghdtjs
Partner Member (725 reputation)Partner Member (725 reputation)Partner Member (725 reputation)Partner Member (725 reputation)Partner Member (725 reputation)Partner Member (725 reputation)Partner Member (725 reputation)Partner Member (725 reputation)Partner Member (725 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hello Dave,
I am trying to create judgment of contingency task using the Inquisit 4.

I want to be able to create a visual feed where there is a light bulb in the middle of the screen and a push-button towards the end of the screen (lower end). What I want to be able to do is to vary the probability of 1) light coming on after a participant presses a button within the allotted 3 or 5 second where they are asked to push the button and 2) light coming on after a participant doe not press a button within the allotted time. And I also wan to be able to vary the number of trials people would get. Is this something that can be achieved using the Inquisit?

I am trying to gather scripts that would help me build this kind of experiment. I would really appreciate it if you could help me with the script or point me to direction where I can find scripts people have used/created to do this kind of experiment.

Thank you so much for your self in advance,
Please let me know about this and happy new year!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
ghdtjs - Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Hello Dave,
I am trying to create judgment of contingency task using the Inquisit 4.

I want to be able to create a visual feed where there is a light bulb in the middle of the screen and a push-button towards the end of the screen (lower end). What I want to be able to do is to vary the probability of 1) light coming on after a participant presses a button within the allotted 3 or 5 second where they are asked to push the button and 2) light coming on after a participant doe not press a button within the allotted time. And I also wan to be able to vary the number of trials people would get. Is this something that can be achieved using the Inquisit?

I am trying to gather scripts that would help me build this kind of experiment. I would really appreciate it if you could help me with the script or point me to direction where I can find scripts people have used/created to do this kind of experiment.

Thank you so much for your self in advance,
Please let me know about this and happy new year!

This sounds perfectly doable in Inquisit. Not sure which scripts would be helpful here, though, because it's unclear to me which parts you may be having trouble with and what you intend to mean by "vary the probabilty" (vary between which values based on what?) and "vary the number of trials" (vary how?).

For the probabilistic feedback part, perhaps take a look at https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic17717.aspx or https://www.millisecond.com/forums/Topic20013.aspx

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search