Automatically advance to next screen after response, using likert or slider elements

Automatically advance to next screen after response, using likert or...
Author
ewc2138
Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I have a whole bunch of survey questions (100 or more) that I want subjects to cycle through and answer.  I was originally using the slider element to do this, building each set of questions into their own "surveypage" and "block" elements.  However, I noticed that when you do this, Inquisit requires you to drag the mouse cursor over to "continue" and click after each individual question, which gets pretty cumbersome when you have a lot of questions.

Is there any way to program it such that it automatically advances after moving and stopping the slider (i.e., you pick up, drag, let go, and it automatically advances)?  Or is there a way to do this with a likert element?  I tried that briefly, but the likert seems to require an "enter" response too, in order to move to the next screen.

Any help would be much appreciated -- thank you!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
ewc2138 - Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Hi,

I have a whole bunch of survey questions (100 or more) that I want subjects to cycle through and answer.  I was originally using the slider element to do this, building each set of questions into their own "surveypage" and "block" elements.  However, I noticed that when you do this, Inquisit requires you to drag the mouse cursor over to "continue" and click after each individual question, which gets pretty cumbersome when you have a lot of questions.

Is there any way to program it such that it automatically advances after moving and stopping the slider (i.e., you pick up, drag, let go, and it automatically advances)?  Or is there a way to do this with a likert element?  I tried that briefly, but the likert seems to require an "enter" response too, in order to move to the next screen.

It's not possible to do with <surveypage>s / <slider>s: Since a page can contain more than one question, and the subject is supposed to be able to revise answers, an affirmative "click" on the continue button is required.

<likert> trials do not require pressing "enter" to confirm the response *if* you use the mouse to select / click an option. Pressing enter would only be required if you use the keyboard.

ewc2138
ewc2138
Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)Partner Member (815 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Wednesday, February 15, 2017
ewc2138 - Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Hi,

It's not possible to do with <surveypage>s / <slider>s: Since a page can contain more than one question, and the subject is supposed to be able to revise answers, an affirmative "click" on the continue button is required.

<likert> trials do not require pressing "enter" to confirm the response *if* you use the mouse to select / click an option. Pressing enter would only be required if you use the keyboard.

Ah, I see.  The likert clicking should work then -- didn't even think to try that.  Thank you for pointing this out!!!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search