Tobii EyeX Compatability?

Author
Connorrr
Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am aware that Inquisit 5 is compatible with other Tobii Eye Tracking products but it seems that the EyeX uses a different SDK.  Has anyone successfully used the  EyeX with an Inquisit task?

Cheers,

Connor
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Connorrr - Monday, February 20, 2017
Hi,

I am aware that Inquisit 5 is compatible with other Tobii Eye Tracking products but it seems that the EyeX uses a different SDK.  Has anyone successfully used the  EyeX with an Inquisit task?

Cheers,

Connor

I may be wrong, but I think you need to purchase a "research" EyeX model for it to be compatible with the Pro SDK. At least that's how I read "*The Tobii EyeX is specifically made and tuned for PC gaming experiences. If you would like to purchase the Tobii EyeX for research purposes, please contact Tobii Pro." at https://tobiigaming.com/product/tobii-eyex/

It might be worth inquiring with Tobii directly about that. Hope this helps.

Connorrr
Connorrr
Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Monday, February 20, 2017
Hi,

Cheers,

Connor

I may be wrong, but I think you need to purchase a "research" EyeX model for it to be compatible with the Pro SDK. At least that's how I read "*The Tobii EyeX is specifically made and tuned for PC gaming experiences. If you would like to purchase the Tobii EyeX for research purposes, please contact Tobii Pro." at https://tobiigaming.com/product/tobii-eyex/

Thanks for this Dave.  Does that mean all Tobii Pro products are compatible with Inquisit 5?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Connorrr - Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Dave - Monday, February 20, 2017
Hi,

Cheers,

Connor

Thanks for this Dave.  Does that mean all Tobii Pro products are compatible with Inquisit 5?

If the products are compatible with the same SDK Inquisit uses / is compiled against, then they should work with the Inquisit plugin as well. Since I don't know the details of the "research" version of the EyeX, I can't say with 100% certainty that it will work. What did the Tobii folks say? (I suspect you contacted them.)

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search