Color Multi Source Interference Task (cMSIT) - random order

Author
JacintaS
Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi,

I downloaded the script for Color Multi Source Interference Task (cMSIT) - random order. I think there may be a problem with the script as the order is fixed! How do I randomise the order of the 150 trials keeping 6 control, 48 color congruent and 96 color incongruent?

Thanks
Edited 7 Years Ago by JacintaS
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
JacintaS - Thursday, February 23, 2017
Hi,

I downloaded the script for Color Multi Source Interference Task (cMSIT) - random order. I think there may be a problem with the script as the order is fixed! How do I randomise the order of the 150 trials keeping 6 control, 48 color congruent and 96 color incongruent?

Thanks

The file

https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/v4/msit/msit_color/msit_color_random.iqzip

contains a total of four scripts:

- msit_color_fixed.iqx
- msit_color_random.iqx
- msit_coloranswer_fixed.iqx
- msit_coloranswer_random.iqx

Once you've extracted the *.iqzip, you'll want to navigate its folder and open/run the script you are interested in, i.e. msit_color_random.iqx.
JacintaS
JacintaS
Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)
Thank you for your help!!
JacintaS
JacintaS
JacintaS - Saturday, February 25, 2017
Thank you for your help!!

Can I please have clarification as to why there are 6 control trials, 48 colour congruent and 96 colour incongruent trials and why they are not in an equal number like mentioned in previous articles. 

Secondly, the script mentions colour congruency/incongruency but does not mention font size or position 

Clarification would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
JacintaS
JacintaS
Upon further inspection I found in the 150 trials there were:
8 control
67 congruent
75 congruent

I do not understand why it is grouped like this or how to change this in the script

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
JacintaS - Monday, June 12, 2017
Upon further inspection I found in the 150 trials there were:
8 control
67 congruent
75 congruent

I do not understand why it is grouped like this or how to change this in the script

Thanks in advance for your help!!

<block MSIT_Color>
/ trials = [1-150 = noreplace(congruent1, congruent2, congruent3, incongruent1, incongruent2, incongruent3)]
/errormessage = (incorrect, 500)
/correctmessage = (right, 500)
</block>

samples trials in equal proportions, i.e. there will be
25 congruent1 trials
25 congruent2 trials
25 congruent3 trials
25 incongruent1 trials
25 incongruent2 trials
25 incongruent3 trials

for a total of 150. If you wish to have different amounts of trials, change the proportions in the noreplace() selection pool accordingly.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search