Merging separate data files

Author
darbyh
Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Dave and everyone else,

I'm running a study that has multiple surveys, which means that I'm getting about 8 data files per subject. I understand that Inquisit is always going to separate survey data files, but is there a way to merge them afterwards? I read through the Inquisit 4 documentation section of How to Combine Multiple Data Files into a Single File, but that looks like it primarily deals with issues of separate subject files, not separate survey files. I have also read that you can use <survey> or <block> to get them into one file, but I have multiple surveys because there is conditional branching at the survey level in my study. Maybe there's no way to work around all of these separate files, but I would love to know if there is a way! 

Thank you so much!

Best, 
Darby

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
darbyh - Tuesday, March 14, 2017

I'm running a study that has multiple surveys, which means that I'm getting about 8 data files per subject. I understand that Inquisit is always going to separate survey data files, but is there a way to merge them afterwards? I read through the Inquisit 4 documentation section of How to Combine Multiple Data Files into a Single File, but that looks like it primarily deals with issues of separate subject files, not separate survey files. I have also read that you can use <survey> or <block> to get them into one file, but I have multiple surveys because there is conditional branching at the survey level in my study. Maybe there's no way to work around all of these separate files, but I would love to know if there is a way! 

Thank you so much!

Best, 
Darby

You would merge them using your preferred statistical analysis application.

Anna Baumert
Anna Baumert
Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)Associate Member (276 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Thank you so much!

Best, 
Darby

I have a question that possibly is related to this. Is it possible to send out personalized links with the inquisit web license? thanks ahead for the information. best, anna

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Anna Baumert - Monday, March 20, 2017
Dave - Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Thank you so much!

Best, 
Darby

I have a question that possibly is related to this. Is it possible to send out personalized links with the inquisit web license? thanks ahead for the information. best, anna

What do you mean by "personalized links"? A link that would already include, say, a given participant's unique identifier? If so, that's possible if you include the id in a standard URL query parameter and set up your web experiment to read the id from that query parameter.

As for "sending out" those links, you would have to do this yourself -- Inquisit Web does not have the capability currently to send out emails or anything of that sort.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search