How can I see my D Score but not have it show up when taking the IAT?

Author
natty_4
Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I made two IAT's for an experiment I am proctoring in my school. One group is shown their D Score and the other is not shown their D Score. I have figured out how to make it so that the D Score is not shown for one of my groups, but in doing so, I can't see it in the summary section of my IAT. In other words, it will show me the scores for individual words, but not the final D Score. Is there any way I can make it so that the D Score won't show while a student is taking the IAT but I can see it later?
Thanks!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
natty_4 - Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Hello,
I made two IAT's for an experiment I am proctoring in my school. One group is shown their D Score and the other is not shown their D Score. I have figured out how to make it so that the D Score is not shown for one of my groups, but in doing so, I can't see it in the summary section of my IAT. In other words, it will show me the scores for individual words, but not the final D Score. Is there any way I can make it so that the D Score won't show while a student is taking the IAT but I can see it later?
Thanks!

> it will show me the scores for individual words

There is no such thing as a D-score for individual words. What you see in a *raw* data file is a running, continuously updated calculation of the overall D-score on a trial-by-trial basis. Thus, the final line in the raw data file for a given participant *is* the final D-score.

A few additional remarks:
> "I have figured out how to make it so that the D Score is not shown for one of my groups"
For any of the Inquisit 4 and 5 IAT scripts available in the library, this is as simple as setting the /showsummaryfeedback value or parameter to 'false', as detailed in the scripts' comments.

Whether you show the D-score to participants or not has no effect whatsoever on the D-score's calculation. And unless you made some other unnecessary changes or mistakes, the D-score will be logged to *both* the raw and the summary data file -- again regardless of whether you chose to show it to participants or not.

natty_4
natty_4
Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)Respected Member (323 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Wednesday, March 22, 2017
natty_4 - Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Hello,
Thanks!

> it will show me the scores for individual words

There is no such thing as a D-score for individual words. What you see in a *raw* data file is a running, continuously updated calculation of the overall D-score on a trial-by-trial basis. Thus, the final line in the raw data file for a given participant *is* the final D-score.

A few additional remarks:
> "I have figured out how to make it so that the D Score is not shown for one of my groups"
For any of the Inquisit 4 and 5 IAT scripts available in the library, this is as simple as setting the /showsummaryfeedback value or parameter to 'false', as detailed in the scripts' comments.

Whether you show the D-score to participants or not has no effect whatsoever on the D-score's calculation. And unless you made some other unnecessary changes or mistakes, the D-score will be logged to *both* the raw and the summary data file -- again regardless of whether you chose to show it to participants or not.

Thank You! This clears up a lot of my confusion.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search