Inquisit not giving sequential subject numbers

Author
ianrt
Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi
I am trying to run a study in which I have 2 conditions and I have asked for sequential subject numbers and in the script have the following instructions
<expt>
/ preinstructions = (open, PLS, Consent)
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
/ blocks = [1=narcsurvey1]
</expt>

<expt>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
/ blocks = [1=narcsurvey2]
</expt>

I have run this 5 times and each time I am assigned an odd subject number so I am only being assigned odd subject numbers so I am not getting responses to the second condition.  Why is this happening?  We need data from the second condition.  It worked fine when we entered subject numbers.
Thanks
Jenny
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
ianrt - Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Hi
I am trying to run a study in which I have 2 conditions and I have asked for sequential subject numbers and in the script have the following instructions
<expt>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
</expt>

<expt>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
</expt>

I have run this 5 times and each time I am assigned an odd subject number so I am only being assigned odd subject numbers so I am not getting responses to the second condition.  Why is this happening?  We need data from the second condition.  It worked fine when we entered subject numbers.
Thanks
Jenny

I assume you are running this on the web. If so, you need to refresh / reload the launch page in-between your test runs to get a new subject id. The id is generated when you first visit the launch page -- if you do not refresh it before the next run, no new id will be generated / the same one as before will be used.

ianrt
ianrt
Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)
Dave - Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Hi
<expt>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
</expt>

<expt>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
</expt>

Thanks
Jenny

I assume you are running this on the web. If so, you need to refresh / reload the launch page in-between your test runs to get a new subject id. The id is generated when you first visit the launch page -- if you do not refresh it before the next run, no new id will be generated / the same one as before will be used.

Hi Dave,
I'm refreshing/reloading the launch page each time but its giving me different ID numbers each time but all are ODD which seems strange.
Jenny
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Hi
<expt>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
</expt>

<expt>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
</expt>

Thanks
Jenny

Hi Dave,
I'm refreshing/reloading the launch page each time but its giving me different ID numbers each time but all are ODD which seems strange.
Jenny

I just tried: Visited the launch page and got number 11. Refreshed the launch page and got number 12. Maybe you're somehow refreshing the page *twice* each time by accident?

ianrt
ianrt
Hi
<expt>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
</expt>

<expt>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
</expt>

Thanks
Jenny

Hi Dave,
Jenny

I just tried: Visited the launch page and got number 11. Refreshed the launch page and got number 12. Maybe you're somehow refreshing the page *twice* each time by accident?

Thanks Dave,
I'll give it a go and see what I get
Dave
Dave
Hi
<expt>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
</expt>

<expt>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
</expt>

Thanks
Jenny

Hi Dave,
Jenny

Thanks Dave,
I'll give it a go and see what I get

Try without refreshing, I think a recent change may cause an autorefresh. FWIW, here are the logs for two quick consecutive test runs. IDs are 13 and 14, so both odd and even IDs are definitely generated:

ianrt
ianrt
Hi
<expt>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
</expt>

<expt>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
</expt>

Thanks
Jenny

Hi Dave,
Jenny

Hi Dave,
It seems to be working OK now.
Thanks
Jenny

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore