Reaction Time Task

Author
JacintaS
Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi, the Four Choice Reaction Timer task seems to only be for Inquisit 5. Am I able to find an Inquisit 4 version. Also I was after the task to have an 8-choice reaction timer. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks!!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
JacintaS - Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Hi, the Four Choice Reaction Timer task seems to only be for Inquisit 5. Am I able to find an Inquisit 4 version. Also I was after the task to have an 8-choice reaction timer. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks!!

There is no Inquisit 4 version of this task. You'd have to take the Inquisit 5 version, work through the code and replace all Inquisit 5-specific syntax with its respective Inquisit 4-compatible equivalent (in so far as any equivalent exists).

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Dave - Wednesday, May 17, 2017
JacintaS - Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Thanks!!

There is no Inquisit 4 version of this task. You'd have to take the Inquisit 5 version, work through the code and replace all Inquisit 5-specific syntax with its respective Inquisit 4-compatible equivalent (in so far as any equivalent exists).

Here's a quick attempt to backport the FCRT script to Inquisit 4. This should give you a good idea about the changes involved if you sit down and compare it to the original Inquisit 5 script.
Caveat: While I have done my best to avoid mistakes, I have not had the time to test this extensively. While I don't think so, it is possible that a mistake lurks somewhere in the code. So please make sure you test the thing to a reasonable degree before doing anything further or critical with it.

Attachments
JacintaS
JacintaS
Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)
Thank you very much! That really helps a lot.

How would I go about making it into an 8 choice reaction timer (with 8 grey boxes)?

I.e:
Response key 1: 'A'
Response key 2: 'S'
Response key 3: 'D'
Response key 4: 'F'
Response key 5: 'J'
Response key 6: 'K'
Response key 7: 'L'
Response key 8: ';'

Thank you!
Dave
Dave
JacintaS - Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Thank you very much! That really helps a lot.

How would I go about making it into an 8 choice reaction timer (with 8 grey boxes)?

I.e:
Response key 1: 'A'
Response key 2: 'S'
Response key 3: 'D'
Response key 4: 'F'
Response key 5: 'J'
Response key 6: 'K'
Response key 7: 'L'
Response key 8: ';'

Thank you!

You need to define additional stimulus objects, have the trials display them along with the already existing ones,  and add the new responses to the overall logic. Work through the code -- once you understand how the 4-choice version works, it's straightforward to add further choices. Do this incrementally. First, go from 4 to 5. Once you have that working, add the remaining 3.

JacintaS
JacintaS

Ok thank you! Is this on the right track? There are a couple of errors I am not sure how to get rid of before I can test out the script

Thanks, your help is very much appreciated!
Attachments
eightchoicereactiontime.iqx (199 views, 31.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
JacintaS - Thursday, May 18, 2017

Ok thank you! Is this on the right track? There are a couple of errors I am not sure how to get rid of before I can test out the script

Yes, it is on the right track. But there is no <block> called " 8choiceRTtask".

<expt>
/ blocks = [
    1 = intro;
    2 = 8choiceRTtask;
]
/ onexptend = [
    values.completed = 1;
]
/ postinstructions = (End)
</expt>

which should look something like this:

<block 8choiceRTtask>
/ onblockbegin = [
    list.highlightedPosition.reset();
]
/ stop = [
    expressions.totalTrialcount >= values.maxTrials;
]
/ trials = [1 = 8choiceRT]
</block>

You also have not positioned the additional "box" stimuli properly.

Dave
Dave
Dave - Thursday, May 18, 2017
JacintaS - Thursday, May 18, 2017

Yes, it is on the right track. But there is no <block> called " 8choiceRTtask".

<expt>
/ blocks = [
    1 = intro;
    2 = 8choiceRTtask;
]
/ onexptend = [
    values.completed = 1;
]
/ postinstructions = (End)
</expt>

which should look something like this:

<block 8choiceRTtask>
/ onblockbegin = [
    list.highlightedPosition.reset();
]
/ stop = [
    expressions.totalTrialcount >= values.maxTrials;
]
/ trials = [1 = 8choiceRT]
</block>

You also have not positioned the additional "box" stimuli properly.

Here's a quick revision with the two issues mentioned above fixed.

Attachments
eightchoicereactiontime.iqx (195 views, 32.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search