Running script on secondary monitor

Author
kschertz
Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am wondering if there is a way to run an Inquisit 4 script on my secondary monitor. I see the </monitor> attribute for individual stimuli but I don't seem to be able to set it as a global attribute. I have two Windows 7 display monitors set up in "extend" mode. I can currently run the script if I put the monitors in "mirror" mode, but if in "extend" it always opens on the primary monitorI would just like to be able to click/launch the script from the primary monitor where the experimenter sits and have it display on the secondary monitor where the participant is sitting. Thanks.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
kschertz - Wednesday, June 28, 2017
I am wondering if there is a way to run an Inquisit 4 script on my secondary monitor. I see the </monitor> attribute for individual stimuli but I don't seem to be able to set it as a global attribute. I have two Windows 7 display monitors set up in "extend" mode. I can currently run the script if I put the monitors in "mirror" mode, but if in "extend" it always opens on the primary monitorI would just like to be able to click/launch the script from the primary monitor where the experimenter sits and have it display on the secondary monitor where the participant is sitting. Thanks.

The /monitor attribute isn't a global setting, i.e. you would have to specify it in every stimulus element to have all stimuli be displayed on the secondary monitor. Also, please note that the /monitor attribute was only added with Inquisit 5, i.e. it will not work under Inquisit 4 (you posted in the Inquisit 4 forum). Otherwise putting the displays in "mirror" mode per the operating system's display settings would be the way to go.

kschertz
kschertz
Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)Associate Member (229 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Wednesday, June 28, 2017
kschertz - Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The /monitor attribute isn't a global setting, i.e. you would have to specify it in every stimulus element to have all stimuli be displayed on the secondary monitor. Also, please note that the /monitor attribute was only added with Inquisit 5, i.e. it will not work under Inquisit 4 (you posted in the Inquisit 4 forum). Otherwise putting the displays in "mirror" mode per the operating system's display settings would be the way to go.

Ok, thanks. I didn't want to use "mirror" because of the other scripts I'm running (in EPrime) work better in extend and then the participant only sees a clean screen, but "mirror" seems unavoidable. I am using Inquisit 4.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search