nextlabel in <instruct> does not always work

Author
himandy
Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

The defalt value for "/nextlabel" in <instruct> is "Next". I've change it into other language. And I've made:  /nextkey=" ".

But I found that during the same experiment, sometimes it works and sometimes it appear as "Press [space] to continue".

It's not very important, our participants can understand that simple English. But it's interesting. I think it's because the program didn't have enough working memory to process the value of "/nextlabel", so it read the value of "/nextkey" and showed its own "/nextlabel".

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Here's one thing to check. If you have a set of, say, three instruction pages, the '/nextlabel' setting only applies to the first two pages. For the last page in the set, you'll have to use '/finishlabel' to get a custom text displayed on the button. Of course, I don't know if this is what's happening in your case, but this is one of the things I tend to forget when I'm writing scripts.

Best,
~Dave

EDIT: Sorry, one minor correction. It's '/lastlabel' not '/finishlabel'.

himandy
himandy
Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Yes! It works with lastlabel. Thanks

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search