Passing subject ID between scripts within a batch

Author
zajac
Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have been running scripts on the iPad using web experiments and the inquisit app.  One issue I've come across is that research assistants over overlook entering a new ID on the launch page for 'tests' within the inquisit app.  What happens then is I get the same subject ID allocated to lots of individuals because even the 'Random' option doesn't actually change the subject IDs across particpants.

I can have a prompt which requires subject ID to be input with each of the scripts within the batch, but this requires the RA to enter the subject ID between every test, which isn't always possible in group testing. Is there someway I can run an "Enter ID" input text box in the batch script, and then pass that as the subject ID to all other scripts within the batch, or even as a custom variable of sorts?

I hope this makes sense!

Cheers
Ian.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
zajac - Monday, July 10, 2017
I have been running scripts on the iPad using web experiments and the inquisit app.  One issue I've come across is that research assistants over overlook entering a new ID on the launch page for 'tests' within the inquisit app.  What happens then is I get the same subject ID allocated to lots of individuals because even the 'Random' option doesn't actually change the subject IDs across particpants.

I can have a prompt which requires subject ID to be input with each of the scripts within the batch, but this requires the RA to enter the subject ID between every test, which isn't always possible in group testing. Is there someway I can run an "Enter ID" input text box in the batch script, and then pass that as the subject ID to all other scripts within the batch, or even as a custom variable of sorts?

I hope this makes sense!

Cheers
Ian.

If you run an <openended> prompt in the very first script in the <batch> to collect an id, you can then pass that information from script-to-script using <batch> parameters and values. See https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/batchparameters.htm

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search