Assigning Group ID

Author
amey1
Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear all,

In the licensed version of Inquisit I would like to change the lines that determine the Subject ID and the Group ID and add a line that is entered whether they are a control group or treatment group. Is that possible somewhere?

Thank you!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
amey1 - Friday, September 22, 2017
Dear all,

In the licensed version of Inquisit I would like to change the lines that determine the Subject ID and the Group ID and add a line that is entered whether they are a control group or treatment group. Is that possible somewhere?

Thank you!

Not sure what you mean exactly. Could you clarify? Among other things: Are you talking about Inquisit Lab or Inquisit Web? What script? How are conditions assigned in that script to begin with?

amey1
amey1
Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)Respected Member (473 reputation)
Dave - Friday, September 22, 2017
SCRIPT INFO
Main Inquisit programming: Sean Draine (seandr@millisecond.com)
last updated: 04-19-2017 by K.Borchert (katjab@millisecond.com) for Millisecond Software LLC
Script Copyright © 04-19-2017 Millisecond SoftwareDear all,

Thank you!

Not sure what you mean exactly. Could you clarify? Among other things: Are you talking about Inquisit Lab or Inquisit Web? What script? How are conditions assigned in that script to begin with?

Dear Dave, 
Thank you for your prompt reply and my apologies for not providing enough information as I am very new to programming in Inquisit. We are using inquisit lab as internet access will be very limited in the field. The script is based on the taste-literate IAT (insects vs bees) last updated on 04-19-2017 by K.Borchert. Before the test runs a window opens where one has to put in the subject ID and group ID. The conditions are randomised by group ID. I was wondering whether I could modify his window in order to add a line which tells me whether the respondent is in the treatment group or control group (the randomisation and test will still be based on the group ID but not depend on treatment vs control. The additional line would be simply for unto know which treatment they got). Is it possible to add a line in the beginning of the test?

Thank you.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
amey1 - Saturday, September 23, 2017
SCRIPT INFO
last updated: 04-19-2017 by K.Borchert (katjab@millisecond.com) for Millisecond Software LLC

Thank you!

Dear Dave, 
Thank you for your prompt reply and my apologies for not providing enough information as I am very new to programming in Inquisit. We are using inquisit lab as internet access will be very limited in the field. The script is based on the taste-literate IAT (insects vs bees) last updated on 04-19-2017 by K.Borchert. Before the test runs a window opens where one has to put in the subject ID and group ID. The conditions are randomised by group ID. I was wondering whether I could modify his window in order to add a line which tells me whether the respondent is in the treatment group or control group (the randomisation and test will still be based on the group ID but not depend on treatment vs control. The additional line would be simply for unto know which treatment they got). Is it possible to add a line in the beginning of the test?

Thank you.

Thanks for the clarification. It is not possible to modify the subject ID / group number prompt or add an additional field to it. What you can do is add a simple <surveypage> with a <dropdown> to the start of the script, which allows you to indicate treatment vs. control condition.

<surveypage conditionpage>
/ questions = [1=conditionquestion]
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ showquestionnumbers = false
</surveypage>

<dropdown conditionquestion>
/ caption = "Please indicate the condition:"
/ options = ("Treatment", "Control")
</dropdown>

<block conditionblock>
/ trials = [1=conditionpage]
</block>

Then run the new <block> at the start of the <expt>s:

<expt>
/ preinstructions = (iatintro)
/subjects = (1 of 2)
/groupassignment = groupnumber
/ blocks = [
    1 = touchscreenInfo;
    2 = conditionblock;
    3 = targetcompatiblepractice;
]
/onexptend = [values.completed = 1]
</expt>

<expt>
/subjects = (2 of 2)
/ blocks = [
    1 = touchscreenInfo;
    2 = conditionblock;
    3 = targetincompatiblepractice;
]
</expt>

Finally, log the new information to the data files:

<data>
/ columns = (build, computer.platform, date, time, group, subject, blockcode, blocknum, trialcode, trialnum, response, correct, latency,
stimulusnumber, stimulusitem, expressions.da, expressions.db, expressions.d, expressions.percentcorrect, dropdown.conditionquestion.response)
/ separatefiles = true
</data>

<summarydata>
/ columns = (script.startdate, script.starttime, script.subjectid, script.groupid, script.elapsedtime, computer.platform, values.completed,
expressions.da, expressions.db, expressions.d, expressions.percentcorrect, dropdown.conditionquestion.response)
/ separatefiles = true
</summarydata>

amey1
amey1
Dave - Monday, September 25, 2017
amey1 - Saturday, September 23, 2017
SCRIPT INFO

Thank you!

Dear Dave, 

Thank you.

Thanks for the clarification. It is not possible to modify the subject ID / group number prompt or add an additional field to it. What you can do is add a simple <surveypage> with a <dropdown> to the start of the script, which allows you to indicate treatment vs. control condition.

<surveypage conditionpage>
/ questions = [1=conditionquestion]
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ showquestionnumbers = false
</surveypage>

<dropdown conditionquestion>
/ caption = "Please indicate the condition:"
/ options = ("Treatment", "Control")
</dropdown>

<block conditionblock>
/ trials = [1=conditionpage]
</block>

Then run the new <block> at the start of the <expt>s:

<expt>
/subjects = (1 of 2)
/ blocks = [
    1 = touchscreenInfo;
    2 = conditionblock;
    3 = targetcompatiblepractice;
]
</expt>

<expt>
/subjects = (2 of 2)
/ blocks = [
    1 = touchscreenInfo;
    2 = conditionblock;
    3 = targetincompatiblepractice;
]
</expt>

Finally, log the new information to the data files:

<data>
/ columns = (build, computer.platform, date, time, group, subject, blockcode, blocknum, trialcode, trialnum, response, correct, latency,
stimulusnumber, stimulusitem, expressions.da, expressions.db, expressions.d, expressions.percentcorrect, dropdown.conditionquestion.response)
/ separatefiles = true
</data>

<summarydata>
/ columns = (script.startdate, script.starttime, script.subjectid, script.groupid, script.elapsedtime, computer.platform, values.completed,
expressions.da, expressions.db, expressions.d, expressions.percentcorrect, dropdown.conditionquestion.response)
/ separatefiles = true
</summarydata>

Dear Dave,

Thank you very much for the fast and detailed response! I am very grateful for your support. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search