surveypage branch

Author
nrouhani
Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
hello, 
i want to branch from a surveypage to a "success" or "fail" page given correct answers to three questions, but i am having difficulty branching to anything other than another surveypage (for example, i can't branch to a page or an html page). Is there any way to branch from a surveypage to any other type of element? If there's not, would it be possible to remove the "continue" button on a surveypage? 

thank you! 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nrouhani - Tuesday, October 3, 2017
hello, 
i want to branch from a surveypage to a "success" or "fail" page given correct answers to three questions, but i am having difficulty branching to anything other than another surveypage (for example, i can't branch to a page or an html page). Is there any way to branch from a surveypage to any other type of element? If there's not, would it be possible to remove the "continue" button on a surveypage? 

thank you! 

When you run your <surveypage> via a <survey>, you can only /branch to another <surveypage>. You cannot remove the next button on that 2nd page, but you can make it invisible it by placing it off-screen:

<surveypage yourpage>
/ branch = [if (...) surveypage.successpage else surveypage.failpage]
</surveypage>

with

<surveypage successpage>
/ caption = "Success!"
/ timeout = 1000
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/ showbackbutton = false
/ nextbuttonposition = (-10%, -10%)
</surveypage>

<surveypage failpage>
/ caption = "Fail!"
/ timeout = 1000
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/ showbackbutton = false
/ nextbuttonposition = (-10%, -10%)
</surveypage>

If you are executing your surveypage(s) via a <block> ( <surveypage> is a kind of <trial>), you can also /branch to a regular <trial> element. That <trial> element can display <text>, <picture>, etc. stimuli, as well as HTML via the <html> stimulus element.

<page> and <htmlpage> elements, on the other hand, are not trials, and you cannot /branch to page or htmlpage elements. They are instruction pages, and the sole way to display them is via a <block>'s or <expt>'s /preinstructions and /postinstructions attributes.

Hope this clarifies.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search