Survey page- positions for pictures and other elements

Author
Loukia
Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, 

I am trying to set up some sliders on a survey page using fixed positions (e.g., 50%, 20%) but on my screen the positions are completely off - 50% horizontally is definitely not 50%- more like 70-80% of the canvas width. Does the default space on the left where question numbers would go on a survey page affects these coordinates? If yes, do you have any guidelines for properly positioning elements on a surveypage (e.g., if I want 50% I should input 40% or something like that). 

I am trying to recreate the sliders below, which means I need to have exact positions for picture elements relative to the slider elements. 

Thanks,  
Loukia
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Loukia - Monday, December 11, 2017
Hi, 

I am trying to set up some sliders on a survey page using fixed positions (e.g., 50%, 20%) but on my screen the positions are completely off - 50% horizontally is definitely not 50%- more like 70-80% of the canvas width. Does the default space on the left where question numbers would go on a survey page affects these coordinates? If yes, do you have any guidelines for properly positioning elements on a surveypage (e.g., if I want 50% I should input 40% or something like that). 

I am trying to recreate the sliders below, which means I need to have exact positions for picture elements relative to the slider elements. 

Thanks,  
Loukia

Positions on surveypages are always relative to the _left_ border of the element being position. I.e. if you are trying to position an <image> element

<image example>
/ position = (50%, ...)
<image>

means

| ------ 50% ----->[image]
^                         ^
left                      left
margin                margin
of                       of
page                  image

I.e., you'd need to take the width of the element to be positioned into account. If the image has a width of 20% of the screen width, then it would be centered horizontally at
/position = (40%, ...).

Loukia
Loukia
Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Monday, December 11, 2017
Loukia - Monday, December 11, 2017
Hi, 

Thanks,  
Loukia

Positions on surveypages are always relative to the _left_ border of the element being position. I.e. if you are trying to position an <image> element

<image example>
/ position = (50%, ...)
<image>

means

| ------ 50% ----->[image]
^                         ^
left                      left
margin                margin
of                       of
page                  image

I.e., you'd need to take the width of the element to be positioned into account. If the image has a width of 20% of the screen width, then it would be centered horizontally at
/position = (40%, ...).

Thank you Dave, that's what I was looking for! :) 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search