Changing custom launch page

Author
juliasmith
Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi There,

I have a question about changing the launch page. Participants for the study will be French, so I would like to translate the default launch page in Inquisit to French. While I believe I could create an .htm file and upload this, I am not sure how to include the option to download the Inquisit installer so that this can be easily done as it is in the default version. Below is a screenshot of the page I wish to translate- I want it to be the exact same, just in French. Thank you in advance for your help!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
juliasmith - Thursday, January 25, 2018
Hi There,

I have a question about changing the launch page. Participants for the study will be French, so I would like to translate the default launch page in Inquisit to French. While I believe I could create an .htm file and upload this, I am not sure how to include the option to download the Inquisit installer so that this can be easily done as it is in the default version. Below is a screenshot of the page I wish to translate- I want it to be the exact same, just in French. Thank you in advance for your help!

This is not really easily possible. What you can do is look at / copy the source code of any standard launch page (open the page in your browser, right-click somewhere on the page and select "View Page Source"[1]). The code for the installer panel is in there, you would copy it, translate it and then incorporate it into your own, custom HTML launch page. The easier and more robust option would be to just include French instructions for downloading in the default launch page's body _in addition_ to the installer download panel (in English).

[1] That option will be named slightly differently depending on which browser(s) you use.

juliasmith
juliasmith
Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Thursday, January 25, 2018
juliasmith - Thursday, January 25, 2018
Hi There,

This is not really easily possible. What you can do is look at / copy the source code of any standard launch page (open the page in your browser, right-click somewhere on the page and select "View Page Source"[1]). The code for the installer panel is in there, you would copy it, translate it and then incorporate it into your own, custom HTML launch page. The easier and more robust option would be to just include French instructions for downloading in the default launch page's body _in addition_ to the installer download panel (in English).

[1] That option will be named slightly differently depending on which browser(s) you use.

Thank you for clarifying, the second option definitely sounds like the best bet! 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search